Louisville Loves The Arts
We are excited to invite you to join us. This will be a quality, juried art festival of 200+ artists and crafts-people.
- September 12, 2020: 10am - 7pm
- September 13, 2020: 10am - 5pm
Located in downtown Louisville, KY on the Big Four Bridge Lawn, 4 acres of tree lined walks overlooking the Ohio River . Bettter than 2 million people visit Waterfront Park annually for special events. Ample Parking and trolley service for our patrons. Located within walking distance to downtown Louisville’s accomadations, restaurants, Nulu, 4th St. Live, and Whiskey Row. The quality juried artist will be presented in a location that was built to showcase festivals and special events. Three years in the planning to make this a pleasant and profitable experience for all involved. Community inclusion and support for the arts has spawned a loyal and highly engaged audience that will attend and support our festival. We invite you to join us “Louisville Loves the Arts”. This is a free event for patrons. The dates for this event are the weekend AFTER Labor Day. There will be a light breakfast for the artist Saturday & Sunday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.. The Friday before the festival will be E-Z in & out setup 8 a.m. till 4 p.m. and there will be a public event (optional for artist) on Saturday evening from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Downtown Louisville, Kentucky
- Within walking distance of restaurants, Central Business District of Downtown Louisville, Hotels (rates), Night Life, Whiskey Row, 4th Street Live, NuLu
- On The Ohio River in Downtown Louisville at the Big Four Bridge Lawn
- Waterfront Park: 40+ Landscaped acres with 2.5 million visitors annually.
- Pedestrian Bridge from Kentucky to Indiana with 25k+ traffic crossing the bridge every weekend
- Ample Parking with designated artist lot with security
- Trolley Service
- E-Z in and out
- Electric by request – $35
- Light buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- 180 Juried Artists
- 24 Hr. Security
- Friday Setup
- Friday Preview Party optional
- Emerging artists welcome
- Booth sitters
- Water delivery
- Artist present in booth
- Pleasant and profitable experience
- Social Media
- Louisville and Surrounding Area newspaper and radio
- J-Peg and Printed Postcards
- 5,000 personal invites to collectors mailed on December 1st
- Billboard postcards
- Emerging and Demonstration – no judging case by case basis
ApplicationsArtist Applications Open: Jan 1 - May 1, 2020
Emerging/Demonstration Artists Application Deadline: March 30, 2020
- May 30th – Notification
- $25 Application Fee
- $425 10×10 Artist Booth Fee
- $650 10×20 Artist Double Booth Fee
- $212.50 Emerging/Demonstration Artist Booth Fee*
- Booth fees due by June 7
- *We will work with any emerging artist to help with booth fees – Sponsorship packages and financial assistance available for emerging artists
*Applications submitted after May 1st will be submitted to a rolling jury for remaining spots until all spots are filled
Emerging Artist & Demonstration ProgramApply below for the Emerging Artists Program beginning January 1st!
Apply online with our on-site application
In addition to our artist application, which is open to national and international exhibitors, the Big Four Bridge Arts Festival Arts Festival offers a separate application to local artists who are new to exhibiting at art fairs through the Emerging Artists program.
The Emerging Artist program is designed specifically for artists who have extremely limited or no experience exhibiting and selling their artwork at arts festivals. Artists who apply in this category must be residents of Kentucky or Indiana.
This program has been designed to help promote local artists who are new to presenting their work at festivals. Artists will be selected by the Festival jurors. In addition to a lower booth fee Emerging Artists also receive assistance from Festival staff on how to best present their work to the public.
Local artists who wish to be considered for the 2019 Big Four Bridge Arts Festival’s Emerging Artist program should apply through our website by submitting four digital images of their work and one image of their booth display. A jury panel, selected by the Big Four Bridge Arts Festival staff, conducts a blind jury process, where jurors review the artists’ images and technical statements without any biographical information about the artists. The top scores, allowing for a balanced show across mediums, are invited to participate in the Festival.
For detailed information on the application process for Visual/Emerging Artists, download a complete Prospectus. For more information about the Emerging Artist and Demonstration program, contact Festival Coordinator Amy by email or by phone at (502) 435-7602.
The procedure is the same for demonstration artists.
Application for Emerging Artists and Non-Art Vendors
Emerging artists only apply through the form below:
*Acceptance of your application is contingent on receiving your application fee. If you are not able to pay your fee please reach out to us for potential scholarship opportunities to cover your fees.