Louisville Loves The Arts
We are excited to invite you to join us. This will be a quality, juried art festival of 100 artists and crafts-people.
- Sept 9th, 2017
- 9am - 7pm
- Sept 10th, 2017
- 9am - 5pm
- Sept 8th - Preview Party (Optional for Artists)
Located in downtown Louisville, KY on the Big Four Bridge Lawn, 4 acres of tree lined walks overlooking the Ohio River . Bettter than 2 million people visit Waterfront Park annually for special events. Ample Parking and trolley service for our patrons. Located within walking distance to downtown Louisville's accomadations, restaurants, Nulu, 4th St. Live, and Whiskey Row. The quality juried artist will be presented in a location that was built to showcase festivals and special events.Three years in the planning to make this a pleasant and profitable experience for all involved. Community inclusion and support for the arts has spawned a loyal and highly engaged audience that will attend and support our festival. We invite you to join us "Louisville Loves the Arts". This is a free event for patrons. The dates for this event are Saturday, September 9th, (9 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Sunday 10th,(9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). There will be a light breakfast for the artist Saturday & Sunday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.. Friday September 8th will be e-z in out setup 8 a.m. till 4 p.m. and Friday evening is the free "Premiere Gala" (optional for artist) will be from 5 p.m. till 9 p.m.
- Downtown Louisville, Kentucky
- Within walking distance of restaurants, Central Business District of Downtown Louisville, Hotels (rates), Night Life, Whiskey Row, 4th Street Live, NuLu
- On The Ohio River in Downtown Louisville at the Big Four Bridge Lawn
- Waterfront Park: 40+ Landscaped acres with 2.5 million visitors annually.
- Pedestrian Bridge from Kentucky to Indiana with 25k+ traffic crossing the bridge every weekend
- Ample Parking with designated artist lot with security
- Trolley Service
- E-Z in and out
- Electric by request - $35
- Light buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- 100 Juried Artists
- 24 Hr. Security
- Friday Setup
- Friday Preview Party optional
- Emerging artists welcome
- Booth sitters
- Water delivery
- Artist present in booth
- Pleasant and profitable experience
- Social Media
- Louisville and Surrounding Area newspaper and radio
- J-Peg and Printed Postcards
- 5,000 personal invites to collectors mailed on December 1st
- Billboard postcards
- Emerging and Demonstration - no judging case by case basis
- Artist Applications Open: Jan 1 - May 1, 2017
- Emerging/Demonstration Artists Application Deadline: March 30, 2017
- May 30th, 2017 - Notification
- $25 Application Fee
- $325 Artist Booth Fee
- $600 Artist Intersection Booth Fee
- $162.50 Emerging/Demonstration Artist Booth Fee*
- *Booth fees due by June 7
- *We will work with any emerging artist to help with booth fees
**Financial assistance available for emerging artists
***Sponsorship packages available for emerging artists
Emerging Artist & Demonstration ProgramApplications for the 2017 Festival will open on January 1st.
Apply online with our on-site application
In addition to our artist application, which is open to national and international exhibitors, the B4B Arts Festival offers a separate application to local artists who are new to exhibiting at art fairs through the Emerging Artists program.
The Emerging Artist program is designed specifically for artists who have extremely limited or no experience exhibiting and selling their artwork at arts festivals. Artists who apply in this category must be residents of Kentucky or Indiana.
This program has been designed to help promote local artists who are new to presenting their work at festivals. Artists will be selected by the Festival jurors. In addition to a lower booth fee Emerging Artists also receive assistance from Festival staff on how to best present their work to the public.
Local artists who wish to be considered for the 2017 B4B Arts Festival’s Emerging Artist program should apply through our website by submitting four digital images of their work and one image of their booth display. A jury panel, selected by the B4B staff, conducts a blind jury process, where jurors review the artists’ images and technical statements without any biographical information about the artists. The top scores, allowing for a balanced show across mediums, are invited to participate in the Festival.
For detailed information on the application process for Visual/Emerging Artists, download a complete Prospectus. For more information about the Emerging Artist and Demonstration program, contact Festival Coordinator Amy by email or by phone at (502) 435-7602.
The procedure is the same for demonstration artists
On-Site Application for Artists, Emerging Artists, and Demonstration Artists
You can also apply online via Zapplication Apply On Zapplication